Everyone loves a nice, cold margarita on a hot summer day, but do yourself (and your waistline) a favor and skip the pre-batch this year. Impress friends and family alike by making your own delicious, low-calorie marg at home!
Ingredients, Serves 2:
- 4 oz tequila, silver
- 3 oz fresh lime juice
- 4 oz water (use lime sparkling water to make it carbonated)
- Optional: a splash of agave syrup if you like it sweet
- Ice (I liked to use crushed)
- Sea salt
- Sprinkle sea salt on a small flat plate or cutting board. Rub the rim of the glasses with a slice of lime then press the glass into the salt on the plate until it’s coated with salt. Set glasses aside.
- Squeeze the limes and add the juice into a measuring cup until you have 3 oz. Add the lime juice to your cocktail shaker.
- Pop open that tequila of choice, and measure out 4 oz, then add to your cocktail shaker along with the water.
- Add your splash of light agave.
- Fill your shaker with ice and get to shakin’!
- Use a strainer to pour into your prepared glasses and garnish with a lime.
Now all you need is a beach, backyard, or at least a balcony to lay out on and get a nice Miami tan going. Cheers!