Think fast. Look sharp. Jab, cross, kick and hook your way to a knockout body that's strong, agile and lightening-quick. Introducing, The Cut. A cardio forward boxing workout with no bags, no wraps and no ring. It's just you, light hand weights and your own killer instinct, set to an explosive playlist that powers you through five rhythmic rounds of boxing, kickboxing and conditioning. Created by Miami based fitness boxing superstar, Christa DiPaolo exclusively for Equinox. The Cut will train you to move, look and feel like a champion.Get into fighting shape with this full body "Cut" inspired mini workout. Repeat as many times as you can, with no rest between rounds, set to your favorite jams!Round 1
- 2 minutes total - SHADOW BOXING. *Light hand weights optional, 1-3lbs. 1 minute in your Orthodox stance (feet staggered, left foot forward, right foot back, knees soft, hands in guard by face) Followed by 1 minute in your South Paw stance (feet staggered right foot forward, left foot back, knees soft, hands in guard by face) Be sure to work speed with your punches to get that heart rate up!
- 1 minute - BOOTY KICKS. Squats with alternating front push kicks in your neutral stance. *Front push kicks - drive with both your heel and hips, foot flexed and hands in guard.
- 1 minute - FIGHTING BURPEES. Burpee (squat, high plank, push-up, plyo jump at top) with 10 straight "speed" punches followed by 10 front snap kicks in your neutral stance and repeat. *Snap kicks - lead with your shoelaces, toes pointed and hands in guard.
- 1 minute - DIRTY CORE. Alternating elbow strikes in a reverse table top position. *Full range of motion (try to and get those elbows close to the ground) to engage your entire core.
- 1 minute - SHOE SHINE ABS. Full sit up with 4 explosive uppercuts at top. *Light hand weights optional.
Photo Credit: Codis Inc