Today Peloton announced a new connected strength product called the Peloton Guide. Arriving in early 2022, the AI-enabled device easily connects to televisions, providing Members instant access to the content library. The Peloton Guide will be available with the new Peloton Heart Rate Band for $495.
“Over the last couple of years, we’ve seen the interest in our strength content explode,” said Tom Cortese, Peloton’s co-founder and chief product officer, in an email to members. “Peloton Guide demystifies strength training to create a more engaging experience that will help Members stay motivated. We combined our world-class Instructors and class content with the best machine learning technology to create a whole new way to train. This is just the beginning for Peloton strength. Guide will keep getting smarter so it can grow stronger alongside our Members.”
Features of the Peloton Guide include:
- Movement Tracker: Powered by machine learning, Movement Tracker is exclusive to Peloton Guide and available on hundreds of strength classes. The feature encourages Members to complete the demonstrated exercises and follow the Instructors for the entire class. New movements and class types will be regularly added.
- Self Mode: The smart camera technology on Peloton Guide helps Members compare their form to the Instructor’s in real-time. Members can choose how to view themselves to easily make corrections and adjustments during class.
- Body Activity: No more skipping leg day. Body activity will show Members which muscle groups they recently worked. Based on your Body Activity, Peloton will recommend classes focused on the muscle groups that need training to help Members have a more well-rounded training experience.
- Voice activated: Members can stay focused on their workouts and control Peloton Guide hands-free. Members can wake up Peloton Guide, then start, stop, rewind, or fast forward through a class. Voice activation will initially be available in the US, Canada and UK, with other markets to come.
- Member controlled privacy: Peloton Members will always have control over the camera and microphone. Members can put Peloton Guide to sleep, slide the cover over the camera, and even turn off the mic via a physical switch to ensure Members only share what they want to share.
The Peloton Heart Rate Band that will come with the Peloton Guide is also compatible with the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and the Peloton App, making it easy to track Strive Score and Heart Rate zones across any Peloton product.
For more information and updates on Peloton Guide, click here.