Mel G Shares 5 Booty Building Exercises You Can Do Anywhere
We all know that a killer bum is everything these days. But not knowing exactly what to do or even getting to the gym could be your issue. You may have a gym membership, but sometimes it’s just nice to do a kick-butt workout right at home.
Here are 5 booty builders that will definitely get that bum fired up - no weights needed, just a resistance band or water jug right from the fridge if you want an extra challenge.
Sumo Squats - Using a Jug
Taking your legs out wide for the squat variations will make you feel it more in your inner thighs.
- Stand with your feet wide, toes pointing out.
- Bend your knees, lowering your hips deeply, so your thighs are parallel with the floor. Make sure to keep your weight back in your heels.
- Then rise back up, straightening the legs completely and squeezing the glutes at the top of the movement to get the most from the exercise.
These really target the upper part of the glutes. No weight is needed. You can add your own type of weight/ankle weights if wanted.
- Kneel on the floor and bend at the wrist with your arms extended in front of you in order to get into a new push-up position but with the arm spaced at the shoulder. Your head should be looking forward, with your knees bent to create a 90-degree angle between the hamstrings and the calves. This will be your starting position.
- Lift up your left leg until the hamstrings are in line with the back while maintaining a 90-degree angle bend. Contract the glutes throughout this movement and hold the contraction at the top for a second. At the end of the movement, the upper leg should be parallel to the floor while the calf should be perpendicular to it.
- Alternate legs.
This exercise is great to really get your heartrate going.
- Stand with your feet together and your knees soft.
- Jump and come into a lunge with your left leg forward.
- Push off with both feet, jumping them together, then hopping into a lunge with your right leg in front, alternating.
Single-Leg Hip Raises (Elevated)
Strengthening the glutes and erector spinae helps you keep your posture upright whether you’re standing or sitting throughout the day. Also tightens the abs.
- Lie on your back with your right knee bent and right foot elevated on a chair or couch.
- Raise your left leg so it’s in line with your right thigh.
- Push your hips up, keeping your left leg elevated.
- Alternate legs.
Since the fire hydrant is a bodyweight exercise, you don’t need any special equipment which is the beauty of all of these exercises. You only need a resistance band if you want that extra resistance.
- Start on your hands and knees. Place your shouldersabove your hands and your hips above your knees. Tighten your core and lookdown.
- Lift your leg away from your body at a 45-degree angle. Keepyour knee at 90 degrees.
- Switch legs.
Here are 5 booty building exercises that will definitely get that bum fired up - no weights needed, just a resistance band or water jug for a challenge.