You can call it a comeback! ClassPass surveyed members during the month of June to find out whether or not people are returning to in-person experiences post-COVID and the results of their Comeback Report are showing YES. Here are the things we missed most about IRL workouts and the 5 reasons we are heading back according to survey participants.
1. Better Access To Equipment
- Since it can be hard to fit a Pilates reformer in a studio apartment, two-thirds of people say access to equipment is one of the main reasons they are heading back to class.
- 4 of the top 5 fitness genres with the highest recent reservation volumes use equipment that is typically not found in home gyms.
2. Feeling Good Physically And Mentally
- 60% of people say in-person classes and appointments are better for their mental health than an at-home digital routine – and let’s face it, after a tough year, self-care is now more important than ever.
3. Pushing Ourselves To Achieve More
- 81% of people say they push themselves harder in class than they do on their own – which makes sense considering there’s not a tempting couch or needy pet nearby.
4. Receiving Guidance From Instructors
- 74% of people prefer to have an instructor’s direction and encouragement when working out. Shoutout to our faves!
5. Greater Accountability
- 67% of people say in-studio classes make it easier to work out regularly and keep up a routine – and ClassPass makes it easy to pencil it in.
ClassPass allows consumers to book at over 40,000 gyms, fitness studios and spas through their monthly membership. Read more about trends they found in their Comeback Report here.